Sunday, May 1, 2011

God Bless America


Tonight, the world received the news that the United States killed Osama Bin Laden. What news! My first reaction was disbelief. It has been ten years since the brutal attack on our country, and I had lost hope that we would ever find him. My second reaction when I realized it was true was sadness. I found myself feeling sorry for him. Yes, he did terrible things and he deserved to be brought to justice, but I really wanted to hug him. I am one of those people that always believes in the good in people. I figure, if we show them enough love, they'll turn from wanting to hurt others. I know this may not always be true, but I'm sure it could help someone. My third reaction was a mixture of relief and wanting to celebrate. He is gone, and we'll not worry about him, again.

I do fear retaliation. I am not sure what that future will hold, but I know we'll meet it well. People may say that fairytales are not real and that they set us up for a fall. However, there is one concept that is always right and true. That good will prevail. He is good and He will prevail.

I love the United States and what we stand for, and I am glad good people are willing to fight to keep us safe. I am glad we are a country founded under God.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment