Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All Is Well



Good morning! I feel at peace right now. I've been in a funk lately about finding a job and where I'm going in life---Something a lot of people, especially those my age, can relate to right now I'm sure. Things have been going well at my internship. I learn new things every day about how the process of casting works and what agents are looking for in actors (though that last one is still a little gray area to me).

I've been looking for paying jobs to supplement my living here. First, a few weeks ago I applied to five different Starbucks, but none were initially hiring. Second, I looked in retail, and it is a tough market, guys. I happened to walk into a store that was having open interviews, and there were at least fifteen of us there for the same position. We waited for an hour (Some people waited longer.), and on top of that, they had group interviews which I'd never experienced before. My next venture is going to be food service. I plan to walk into a lot of establishments and see if they're hiring night waitresses. I figure I need to work at night so I can have my days free to go to auditions, and I'll sleep somewhere in there. Haha. Also, as an added money-maker, I'm going to hopefully be able to give clarinet lessons to beginners in the area, and maybe do some nannying. We'll see!

As far as acting career stuff goes, I'm still reading my book that I mentioned in my last post, trying to extract every bit of useful information so I can plan my career as much as possible---Or as much as an actor really can. I've signed on with www.actorsaccess.com, and plan to pay the yearly fee where I can submit myself for auditions that come up. And, as always, I continue to watch actor interview videos to gain as many perspectives on the craft as possible.

I mentioned I am feeling at peace at the beginning of this, so I want to get back to that. Every time I get in a rut about things and think I cannot figure things out, I have to remember something. Maybe it's useful for other people, too, but when I get in that frustrated state I just have to remember one simple concept: God is in control. He is in control and no one else. As long as I am going down the right path, living my life according to His will, and feeding my soul with His voice, I am well. I have a lot of college debt, and rent is expensive, but He will provide. He loves us more than any of His creations---We are His masterpiece, and He will take care of us. We are well.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment