Good evening! I'm too sleepy to make a video right now, but I realized I haven't updated in a bit, so here we go. This week has been pretty busy. I got to explore LA with some Baylor friends, look for jobs, apartment hunt with my future roommate, and do training for my internship!
Apartment hunting went really well. My roommate and I found a great one-bedroom for $995. The landlady was so incredibly kind, and I really feel like we can trust her to be good to us. We haven't signed yet, but the lady said she'd have another open by next month or a single (studio) for $895 open by the time my roommate moves out here in May, and then we can move in. So, we feel so blessed that we can find things in our price range. God provides!
Thursday afternoon, a bunch of us went to Santa Monica beach. The water was freezing cold! Regardless, we had fun running through the sand and surf and exploring the pier. Two of my friends rode the solar-powered ferris wheel. That night we all went to a little dessert shop in The Valley, and had great conversation with an acting coach and his assistant. I find it so inspiring that someone can hold so much passion in him for acting, for film, the theatre. When I asked him what made him choose to become an acting coach, he said, "It was a God thing." When he graduated from high school, people would come up to him and ask him to help them with their scripts, and he would effectively coach them. So, now, he's living a life he loves, coaching and working on the craft. He basically just bumped into his calling. So amazing.
On Friday I started my internship at an agency. I was incredibly nervous going in, but I really needed not be. All of the agents and interns are really nice. I got training on the computer of how to send out appointment emails and how to submit people for auditions. It is very repetitive work, but it's not too bad. I'm not sure office work is really my cup of tea, but I feel so lucky to have gotten this internship, and I'm hoping it can get me where I need to be.
Today, I spent my time buying groceries, cooking dinner (pork chops and mashed potatoes), and cleaning. I also got to talk to a friend who's going to medical school, and it was wonderful to hear from someone from back home. Odd thing for me---I'm not homesick, yet. I figured I would have been by now, but LA feels like my home. It's like my heart has always been here, and I just had to come and find it. I'm praying for God to give me direction out here. I know I'm in the right place. I just need to find the right path.
Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope you're having a lovely weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment